Sunday, April 26, 2009

Springtime



I love spring. The excitement in the air, the freshness, the greeness, the cool nights. The weather here has been toying with me--snow, sunshine, 80 degrees, 50 degrees... we've been all over the place. We go up, we go down, but the promise remains secure. It has been a while since I have typed my musings on life. The most prominent issue has been job searching. Not too much has changed since January. Nathan and I have experienced the ups and downs of job searching in the past few months. Its been exciting, depressing, confusing, comical, nerve racking, and promising. Interestingly enough, if one of us is feeling a more negative emotion, the other is usually feeling the opposite--it has worked out well! God's providence remains secure. Our daily bread will be provided.

In the mean time, we focus on the tasks at hand. I have decided to go back to school- I begin the adventure of graduate school May 20. I am taking classes on a advanced standing MSW course. Woohoo! Its a year program- starting with 6 weeks of classes in the summer. I would like to keep working in the social work field in area of geriatrics. I have loved my experiences so far and an MSW offers many more career opportunities--plus, I love learning. I've also decided that I would like to be a photographer. That is plan B :) I'm pretty sure I have some friends who will take a class with me, if the opportunity should arise.

Nathan and I went golfing on Friday, it was wonderful! I am actually getting the hang of the crazy game. I've got to work on the "hitting the ball far" thing, but I hit the ball each time I swung. Progress! Nathan was gracious enough to allow us to go to a par 3 course (which means no driver for him) and it provided a boost of confidence for me. I am afraid I enjoyed it a little too much... I can't wait to get out there and try it again!

1 comment:

Tara & Dave said...

Back to school for Alysia. Should be fun. Hopefully. I am not a school person.